A very important aspect of your wedding (even if you do plan on being fashionably late) is getting to the ceremony on time! Have you decided on your wedding transport yet, and worked out the logistics, numbers and timing? This can be a big part of helping you to relax about the big day, knowing that all you have to do is turn up.
Wedding transport options vary greatly – from as simple as a lift from a family member or friend, or a reliable taxi, all the way to a rented double decker bus, limo or vintage car. Obviously prices therefore vary too, and you need to think about your budget before you make any rash decisions about that gorgeous Aston Martin you visualise yourself stepping out of…
When planning your wedding transport, think about the following:
– How many people do you need to transport? Bride, groom, bridesmaids, groomsmen, mother and father of the bride, elderly relatives, guests without cars etc… Make a list and work out what you are prepared to pay for, and any other options you can think of to help everyone get there with minimal stress.
– How long does it take to get from A to B, including traffic, bad weather, people running late etc? Give yourself plenty of time – remember you’ll need to get everyone ready to go and bring all those little extras like bouquets and bags.
– Book an earlybird! Ask your driver to turn up 15-20 minutes earlier than you need them to (and maybe tell them to bring a book!) so you can be sure that even with flapping mother-in-laws and flower girls who need the loo, you can get everyone in the car in plenty of time.
– Bring along some tunes. The ride to your ceremony can be rather nervewracking, but bring along some of your favourite upbeat songs and have a little stress-busting boogie in the backseat with your favourite girls so you arrive relaxed and with a smile on your face!
– Check the parking. Way before time, make sure that it’s legal to park outside your venue, and that there are plenty of parking spaces for your guests. A parking ticket is not a great start to your marriage!
– Take care of your wedding dress! With all the rush of finally getting on your way, it’s easy to forget that you are wearing a very fragile and probably expensive wedding dress! Get your bridesmaids to help you in and out of the car and ensure that no part of your dress is poking out before you shut the door! Last think you want is oil stains on your perfect wedding gown!
– If your ceremony/reception is a significant distance away from home (or if you’re getting married abroad), you’ll need to also think about travelling safely with your wedding dress and all the logistics of planes, trains and automobiles!
– Guest transport. You can just provide a map and directions with your invitation, or you might want to rent a larger vehicle or group of vehicles to get everyone to and from the ceremony and reception venue. Ring around local chauffeur and taxi companies to see if you can get a good deal.
– And finally, shop around. Do your research on your chosen method of transport and ensure you’re getting the best price possible. As with most wedding-related products and services, a big mark-up gets added the moment you mention the W word… Find personal testimonials and recommendations so you know you’re in good, reliable, PUNCTUAL hands.